We litigate business disputes on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. Although we have helped many clients resolve disputes without needing to litigate or arbitrate, we also aggressively litigate cases in courts and arbitral forums around the world when necessary. Our lawyers have handled cases involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, consumer fraud, IP licensing, and trademark and patent infringement, as well as many other types of business disputes—often winning victories against much larger companies and firms.
Among the cases handled by our lawyers:
- Won federal jury verdict on behalf of inventor in licensing dispute against large gaming company.
- Represent collectors in high-profile consumer-fraud case against the New York Giants and Eli Manning arising from sale of counterfeit memorabilia.
- Won, less than a month after we were retained, dismissal of federal fraud and racketeering claims against corporate client and its management.
- Represented former CEO in complex arbitration against large retail chain.
- Helped three founding partners in technology start-up negotiate business divorce from non-performing fourth founding partner.
- Recovered nearly all of six-figure theft embezzled by company’s former accountant.
- After replacing a large firm, recovered a six-figure commission owed to company under disputed oral contract.
- Represented international fashion designer in bet-the-company trademark dispute.*
- Represented major financial institution in securities class-action arising from accounting fraud in subsidiary.*
- Represented a group of individuals and companies in complex False Claims Act lawsuit.*
- Prepared Supreme Court certiorari petitions and briefs in cases disputes involving patents, copyright, antitrust, False Claims Act, federal preemption, the Export Clause, and more.*
*Matters handled before joining Clinton Brook