101 Hudson Street, Suite 2100
Jersey City, NJ 07302
☎ (202) 621-1828
University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with Honors
— Lone Star Classic National Mock Trial Champion
— Texas Review of Entertainment & Sports Law, Staff Editor
— rder of Barristers (one of only ten graduates selected
University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A. in Marketing
Texas (not admitted in New Jersey)
Texas Fourteenth Court of Appeals
Daryoush Behbood is an associate with experience in virtually all aspects of litigation. He has prepared witnesses for and defended depositions; and prepared pleadings, discovery requests and responses, dispositive motions, and appellate briefs; and delivered the opening statement at trial.
Before joining Clinton Brook & Peed, Daryoush was an associate at McCathern, PLLC in Dallas; his practice included commercial, insurance, and employment litigation and internal investigations.
- Lead counsel and first-chair in litigation relating to dispute involving allegations of breach of contract claiming over $200,000 in damages.
- Defended NFL Dallas Cowboys against personal-injury claims and successfully briefed and argued appeal against claims.
- Obtained dismissal, based on lack of personal jurisdiction, of fraud, fiduciary duty, and contract claims against business owner.
- Investigated and evaluated allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and other federal and state statutes.
- Represented plaintiffs in lawsuit arising from racial bullying and discrimination in Galveston, Texas-area private school.
Students for H.E.L.P., Co-founder and Treasurer (Collected $30,000 of textbook donations from UT libraries for Gambia, and organized philanthropic efforts resulting in over $200,000 worth of textbooks and academic journals to University of Gambia)